[RTTY] W4WX on 60 meters RTTY tonight

Gary McAdams g.m.mcadams at comcast.net
Thu Mar 23 19:37:34 EST 2006

Don,

That's OK for him because I don't know what regulations are applicable in
H44, but for stateside hams USB voice at 50 watts ERP is the only permitted
mode.

I guess that we can try to hear him, but not reply... SWL's Only!

73 Gary WG7X

PS: What the FCC Rules Say: §97.303(s)

An amateur station having an operator holding a General, Advanced or Amateur
Extra Class license may only transmit single sideband, suppressed-carrier
(emission type 2K8J3E) upper sideband on the channels 5332 kHz, 5348 kHz,
5368 kHz, 5373 kHz and 5405 kHz. Amateur operators shall ensure that their
transmission occupies only the 2.8 kHz centered around each of these
frequencies. Transmissions shall not exceed an effective radiated power
(ERP) of 50 W PEP.