[RTTY] rtty and ICOM-706MKIIG

Jeff Gould jgould at laserequipment.com
Fri Mar 24 09:03:52 EST 2006

I need some help getting my Icom-706MKIIG toTX. I can receive ok and  I
am using mmty

mmty keys the radio ok and operating mode on the Icom is set rtty. All I
get out of the radio is
a continous tone. I never get the radio diddle on TX. I am using the acc
port on radio for
audio in/out and PTT.

If I change operating mode to USB on the Icom I can get the Icom to TX
the diddle. I can get audio into the radio
ok on any mode except rtty. I've checked all the setting per the Icom
manual?

After some experimenting, I find even if I unplug the acc cable from the
radio and TX  I only get a continous tone NO diddle, diddle.

I am a new general operator kc0qza/ag any help would be appericated