[RTTY] when you sign your logs, pse remember

FireBrick w9ol at billnjudy.com
Sat Mar 25 10:11:43 EST 2006

to include all the info about your location.

I'm working on Counties and WAS and I see a few that have forgotten to include that info
in their LoTW uploads.

When you go to 'sign' your log for submission, use the TQSL module to go to the menu item
'Station'.
Choose Edit Station Location
Select the Callsign of the qso's your submitting
and click on the 'Edit' button.
The first window asks for Grid, ITU zone, CQ Zone, and IOTA ID.
****Note: the windows asks for ITU Zone first and then CQ Zone. A lot of people are
inverting the two.

I suspect it's the next step that lots of people are missing.
Click Next, and the next page asks for your State and your County.
(funny item here, I can't find Alaska or Hawaii,in the list of states, guess they are not
considered states but DX in this context)

You don't have to do this each time, enter it once and it remembers your data.
If you move locations, you must change the Station location to reflect it's new state and
county and all qsos from then are will indicate the new data.

With WAS now current, and hopefully IOTA and Counties in the future, you may want to make
sure you have that info included in your submission.

As many of the logging programs will download the location information, it will help you
in tracking your WAS, County, and other awards.

Please and thank you
Bill

Pi R squared. Nooo! Pie R round, cornbread R square!

Bill H. in Chicagoland
webcams at http://24.14.49.4:8080
weather at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/w9ol/WX/HH.htm