[RTTY] Life at the bottom of the Sun Spot Cycle

Dick Kriss aa5vu at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 9 14:04:42 EDT 2006

> From: Mike <k4gmh at arrl.net>
> Subject: [RTTY] Life at the bottom of the Sun Spot Cycle
>
> Hello,
>
> A rare occurrence (at this point in the Sun spot cycle) of an exceptional
> 20 m band opening to Asia from NA happened this morning.  In my log
> starting at 1158 Z is BD7KLO, YB0COD, XX9BB, VR2XLN, JR7DXN, JM7OLW and
> RP0UZF at 1331.  A fun hour and half on RTTY!

Mike K4GMH,

Yes, it was an interesting morning.  I managed to work both BD7KLO and
XX9BB.  What is interesting is I worked BD7KLO for a new one on 4-29 at
1237z and worked again on 5-9 at 1239z - two minutes difference.  The
opening to South Texas did not last long but it was nice while it lasted.

Sometimes we just get lucky.

73, Dick AA5VU
--
AA5VU: Rare DX are the countries you have not worked.
            Once worked they are just DX