[RTTY] spend me some yards about RF Amps

Dean St. Hill dsthill at cbcbarbados.bb
Sun Nov 5 16:29:21 EST 2006

Hi Dave,

I use an AL811H and an Acom 1000. For RTTY purposes, I'd recommend the Acom
1000. It's a high quality amp with lots of protection built in to protect
the tube.

On the other hand, the Ameritron AL811H is probably not what you want for
RTTY. It works nicely for me on SSB, but is not in my view rugged enough for
consistent high power RTTY operations.

The Acom though is built for prime time. It will put out full power all
week-end long with no problem. It also has about three taps to match the
line voltage. I believe there's a tap for like 100V, 110V and 120V. Tuning
is also really easy.

Regards,

Dean - 8P6SH / 8P2k