[RTTY] RTTY and ROUTER

Ed Magnuson w1mag at bellatlantic.net
Mon Nov 6 10:58:15 EST 2006

I am running about 70 watts on RTTY to a rooftop vertical six stories above my ham shack. I have a low pass filter in line. Yet my RF seems to be blowing something in a Linksys router used for a home wireless network. It has happened three times and so far each has been replaced without charge. (It did not happen with an older Dell Truemobile router).

Has anyone had a similar experience and found a solution? I wonder what the minimal distance between rig (an Omni V) and the router in my shack might be to avoid this? The RF does not affect my Dell Inspiron laptop or the cable modem for DSL. The Linksys routers that have failed are wireless-G model WRT54gs.

Any ideas?

Ed