[RTTY] TARA RTTY Mêlée - December 2, 2006

MRBILL1953 at aol.com MRBILL1953 at aol.com
Tue Nov 28 21:27:16 EST 2006

Greeting's:

It's time that we start gearing up for the next running  of the TARA  RTTY
Mêlée which is coming up on December 2, 2006. We had  a FANTASTIC  response
to our
contest last year and I hope it will even  be better this year.  For those of
you "NEW" to RTTY contesting this  contest is the perfect warm up  for the
ever
popular ARRL RTTY Roundup  in January. For those of you that might  be trying
out some new  antennas or software packages, I'm sure you'll find the  Mêlée
perfect opportunity for you to ready your  station for the many  contests
coming up this winter.

Below, you'll find the info for the  Mêlée. If you need any additional
information I'd be more than glad to  assist you. Simply drop me an e-mail
at:
(_mailto:melee-manager at n2ty.org_ (mailto:melee-manager at n2ty.org) )

TARA RTTY Mêlée--sponsored by the Troy Amateur Radio Assn, from  0000Z-2400Z
Dec 2. Categories: SOAB-HP (>150 W), SOAB-LP (<150  W), MOAB, SWL, Max 6
band
change rule per clock hour for MO.  Frequencies: 160-10 meters (Special
Note:
160 Meters is now allowed!),  operate 16 hours max. Exchange: RS +
State/Province or serial number  for DX. QSO points: 1 pt/QSO. Score: QSO
points--S/P/C
counted once  only (US and VE only count as S/P). For more  information:
(http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_melee_rules.html) .  Submit Scores  (not
logs!) by Dec 31, 2006 via TARA's on-line
score submission  form  at:
(http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_melee_score.html) .

I ask for  all you to please check out our web site for information on the
TARA  Tour'ney. In the  TARA Tour'ney, the contestants are competing for  the

honor of  emerging as the annual King or Queen of the  digital  modes.  The
scores
to achieve this are an aggregate of  all their individual Tour'ney  credits
derived from their scores from  the four (4) TARA All Season   Contests. By th
way, the Mêlée is  part  of the Tour'ney program so check  it out at:
(_http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_tourney.html_
(http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_tourney.html) )

In addition TARA now sponsors our very own HF "Digital"    Awards  Program.
The TARA-PX and the TARA-Grid. The TARA-PX  is  the  only Digital Prefix
Award
available since the WPX is SSB  and  CW  only.

The TARA-PX Award is a full service   award  offering Mixed, RTTY and  PSK
certification for FREE! until   January 2007.  If you feel that you qualify
for a
non-listed  digital  mode, please request that we review your information.
The
full  info can be  found at:
(_http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_awards.html_
(http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_awards.html) )

Again, I look forward to printing you real   soon!

73  de NY2U Bill Eddy
President of TARA
(_mailto:ny2u at n2ty.org_ (mailto:ny2u at n2ty.org) )