[RTTY] WF1B and "too many prefixes"

ws7i ws7i at ewarg.org
Thu Oct 5 12:48:41 EDT 2006

From: Michael Keane K1MK <k1mk at alum.mit.edu>
Date:  Thu, 05 Oct 2006 12:38:01 -0400

Ray GPL'd the last versions of WF1B so the Pascal source code for WF1B's COUNTRY utility (as well as the rest of WF1B package) is available. Should be a simple enough change for anyone who still has with a DOS Pascal complier laying around.

As they say in the sports world, "Not so fast my friend".  The problem is that the library's that Ray used aren't GPL'd so this is an impossible task unless you have his library's.  He released it so you could have the source to use in making something new.

I would say its high time to retire the old stuff and move on to a newer platform for RTTY.  There are reason's why software evolves.  You're right its not just a country issue.

Jay