[RTTY] Which Filter?

dsthill dsthill at cbcbarbados.bb
Fri Oct 6 11:49:15 EDT 2006

Interesting question...

I used a pair of 400Hz in a Kenwood TS 850s and I thought this was
absolutely the best.

Then I acquired a Yaesu FT1Kmp and I started to use the pair of 250Hz
filters.

Those 250's are really really sharp... make tuning a breeze... provided you
have a very very slow tuning rate and generally have improved my rtty scores
and overall experience.

So... I'd bet you'll want the 350Hz - I suspect you won't like the 500Hz
which will be a bit wide.

Regards

Dean - 8P6SH / 8P2K in the 'tests