[RTTY] RTTY Screwed by FCC?

Joe Subich, W4TV w4tv at subich.com
Fri Oct 13 00:57:30 EDT 2006

> > 2) RTTY (digital) is no longer permitted between 7075 and 7100
>
> I don't see this implication in the R & O. It's no longer permitted
> between 7125 and 7150.
>
> Oh, but I see what you mean, there seems to be a typographical error
> in this.

I don't know that it is a typographical error.  There was no need
to make the change to the first line of the 40 meter table.  It
was changed.  I assume the change was intentional.

> All the Region 1 and 3 regulations on 40m are interesting though,
> because, effective in 2009, the amateur exclusive allocation will
> increase to 7000-7200 kHz. The FCC will likely have to amend these
> regulations when that time comes.

Administrations have the authority to make the change now.  The
deadline for the changes is 2009.  I would more expect the
Commission to use 2009 as an excuse to extend phone allocations
down another 25 KHz for Extras at least.

They could have deleted the KL/KH/KP phone allocation below 7100
and opened 7100 - 7200 to KL/KH/KP stations instead.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV