[RTTY] JARTS AA5VU Single Op LP Robots :-)

Dick Kriss aa5vu at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 25 06:53:18 EDT 2006

                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest
Call: AA5VU

   80:   11   11     8
   40:  117  140    30
   20:  130  185    56
   15:   77   99    36
   10:    3    3     2
------------------------
Total:  338  438   132  Total Score = 57,816

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Happiness is getting robots to accept contest files.  What PC users take for
granted can be hard for Mac users.

To score my .log file for the 3830 claimed score web page I had to import my
log into Excel to total and score the QSOs. It was not hard just time
consuming.

To satisfy the ARRL LoTW robot all I had to do was follow Bill Coleman
AA4LR's tip to setup a Mac OSX TQSL preference for the JARTS contest so the
robot would know where to find the call sign worked in the aa5vu.log file.
Bill's tip worked FB and the ARRL LoTW confirmation sheet came back with
note saying it successfully processed 338 QSO records with 108 QSL records
entered.  The 108 matches will probably go up once additional contest logs
are uploaded.

Satisfying the LoTW robot was the easy part.  The hard part was getting the
JARTS-WW-RTTY robot at http://www.kiznax.com/p/jarts/submit_form.html to
accept my file.  I had problems with the filename as noted by others and
"AA5VU-B.CBR" that I started with finally worked.  I used W7AY's Mac OSX
cocoaModem software for the contest that was not designed for or intended to
support the JARTS contest logging requirements so I had to manually tweak
the Cabrillo format to satisfy the robot.   Happiness was getting receiving
confirmation #355 from the robot and an email note from JH1BIH HIRO
confirming my call in the database.

73, Dick AA5VU