[RTTY] Windows Visa OS & Santa Cruz sound card

Jim McDonald jim at n7us.net
Sun Oct 29 07:32:34 EST 2006

I ran the Windows Upgrade Advisor program to see what incompatibilities
would be expected if I were to upgrade to the new Windows Vista OS when it
is available. The only one of real concern is my Santa Cruz sound card,
which I selected because of the favorable reviews for decoding RTTY. The
Upgrade Advisor reported the Santa Cruz isn't compatible with Vista. I
emailed support at turtlebeach.com to ask about a driver, but haven't had a
response yet.

The Microsoft evaluation program is at
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/getready/default.mspx .

When I upgraded a 1999 Dell from 98 to XP, the fancy USB-controller speakers
stopped working. I certainly don't that to happen with the Santa Cruz. I'll
send a note to the Reflector if I hear from Turtle Beach.

Jim N7US