[RTTY] Cabrillo to ADIF Converter

Dick Kriss aa5vu at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 3 09:48:05 EDT 2006

>>> It didn't occur to me that this would be useful but I see it might be.
>>> I'll consider adding it to Cab-converter.
>>>
>>> -- Scott (NE1RD)

Scott NE1RD,

I am the one that started the Cabrillo to ADIF Converter topic and I don't
think it is worth your time and effort as there is little or no need to
support the ham-mac community. Several utilities are available for PC users.

I was having problems getting the ARRL LoTW's tqsl application to sign my
Cabrillo SCC (Slovenia Contest Club) RTTY contest aa5vu.log file.  Jim AD1D
suggested I export my log in ADIF format and then use tqsl to sign the file.
The Mac OSX cocoaModem software saves logs in Cabrillo format, so I was
looking for a Cabrillo to ADIF converter utility for Mac OSX.

The real issue is the ARRL tqsl application can digitally sign either ADIF
or Cabrillo formats; however, it only understands a limited number of
contest Cabrillo formats.  The SCC contest was not on the list of LoTW
supported contests and tqsl could not sign the file.  I finally discovered
by changing the contest name in the Cabrillo format from SCC-RTTY to EA-RTTY
it worked and tqsl could sign the file.  The ARRL LoTW robot only needs to
know where to look for call sign and the EA-RTTY contest name defined the
location for tqsl. LoTW records the QSO's and disregards the contest
reports.

On 2-Sep-06 I worked the Russian RTTY contest.  At the end of the contest I
emailed the aa5vu.log file to the RU robot.  I then changed the contest name
and the tqsl program signed the file.  The digitally signed .tq8 file was
successfully passed to the LoTW robot.

> 2006-09-03 03:24:33 LOTW_QSO:  Successfully
> processed 145 QSO records in 21.631454 seconds

The bottom line of this long winded message is I have no need to convert the
cocoaModem .log files from Cabrillo to ADIF format.  The standard Cabrillo
contest format works fine.

73, Dick AA5VU