[RTTY] Monitor with OScope?

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Sun Sep 17 11:33:30 EDT 2006

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 12:20:50 -0000, "WA6FFA"
<WA6FFA at wirelessmobiledata.com> wrote:

>Any thoughts on how to connect an  O'Scope to monitor my receive RTTY signals when using an ICOM756 Pro 3 ?
>
>73''s
>WA6FFA
>DAN

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

I have used an old retired KAM to create the X-Y outputs to drive the
scope. As it comes from the factory, the KAM has to have a couple of
jumpers installed but it's no big deal. You may have to tweak the mark
and space frequencies to match your rig, also no big deal if you have
the software that normally comes with the KAM.

This will work with any receiver, not just the Pro3.

Email me for details if you want to go that route. Old KAMs are
readily available on eBay and elsewhere since they have been pretty
much replaced by MMTTY and other soundcard programs.

Speaking of MMTTY, it does have a virtual oscilloscope built in, but
it has sort of a "rubbery" feel to it and a real scope would be
better, IMO.

Bill, W6WRT