[RTTY] Fwd: [digitalradio] RTTY Hall of Shame

Tyler Stewart k3mm at verizon.net
Mon Sep 25 01:29:12 EDT 2006

Crap!  Used to be we only had to worry about being jammed by autopilot
packet stations....now we have beacons taking up space as well?!  Sheesh!
Last time I checked the bands, I didn't even think to look for a stinkin'
beacon!  Oh, that's right.  I'm supposed to look on a web site to tell me
when the bands are open...

Damn, why didn't I make this list?  (I cant seem to get on that RTTY
top-contester list either!)

Seriously though, this is totally inappropriate use of the RTTY reflector.
These poor bastards and I, quite frankly, probably didn't even know about
the beacon(s).  Why not be a nice guy and explain it to us before the
contest, including how much bandwidth we must protect for them?  Then you
can spend the whole contest operating instead of chasing guys off your
beacon frequency!  Of course my next question has to be:  Why didn't you put
these beacons in the "DX windows"?  Then you could operate the contest and
not have to worry that there would be plenty of self-appointed beacon
guardians available to police the beacon frequencies.

I guess I should go get some sleep now before I completely lose it!

Please feel free to pollute the digitalradio reflector bandwidth with my
response.  After all, fair is fair.

Ty, K3MM