[RTTY] UA9s in zone 16/17?

Charles Morrison cfmorris at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 25 12:18:13 EDT 2006

> Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 15:54:49 -0000
> From: DJ3IW G?tz <goetzlin at t-online.de>
> Subject: [RTTY] UA9s in zone 16/17?
> To: "RTTY" <RTTY at contesting.com>
>
> Hi,
> what do you CQWW RTTY contesters do about the various UA9s
> (RA9 RW9 etc.etc.) who send zone 17 while cty.dat (and CQ
> scoring in past years) puts them into zone 16?
>
> 73 de Goetz, DJ3IW

Goetz,

According to Paolo's article and web page, he says to log it as sent.  This
is different to what Glen has posted in the past, that the robot's don't
look at what was sent, but maybe this has changed?  I received a couple of
US stations that were sending the incorrect zone for their state (seem to
recall Tennessee maybe?).