[RTTY] Contest questions, again...

I2UIY i2uiy at cqww.com
Mon Sep 25 15:30:24 EDT 2006

No, duplicates do NOT hurt anyone's score.

All the Rules of CQ Contests (SSB, CW, RTTY) should be re-read and
what belongs to the "paper-times" should be re-written or removed.

The penalization for excessive duplicates is one of these points.

It belongs to when all logs were on paper and, at those times, it was
easy submitting a log with many dupes. Did you ever handled a paper
log with 8/9,000 QSOs? I did and I can assure you that even if you pay
a lot of attention dupes will always pop up.

Back to this days: even if you're sure that a given callsign IS already in
your log but he still calls you... just work him again and leave BOTH Qs
in the log.

If you call someone but he refuses to work you because - he says - you
are already in his log... if you cannot convince him real fast, then you
better start looking for someone else. After all this is a competition and
you're not supposed to lose much time.

73 de Paolo, I2UIY