[RTTY] Fwd: [digitalradio] RTTY Hall of Shame

Joe Subich, W4TV w4tv at subich.com
Mon Sep 25 22:32:11 EDT 2006

Doug,

Just as the ARRL has recognized changes in band usage and moved
their bulletin transmissions over time, the IARU "beacons" need
to be moved OUT of the heavily used digital spectrum or accept
QRM during the six to ten major digital contests a year.

Let's see ... the beacons are CW, maybe they should be moved to
the area between CW and digital.  Oops - they would be trashed
by CW contest operators that spread north of 14080 six to twelve
weekends a year.

OK, how about the boundary between digital a phone?  Sorry, the
non US phone operators would not tolerate that.

What about the bottom edge of the band (14.000.5)?  Oh well, the
big-gun multi-multi contest stations would not allow that.

Gee --- maybe the cry babies should get over it and get a life!

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV