[RTTY] Fwd: [digitalradio] RTTY Hall of Shame

Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 faunt at panix.com
Tue Sep 26 13:04:32 EDT 2006

   From: Bill Turner <dezrat at copper.net>
   Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 09:41:21 -0700

   I use them all the time, but I don't see their frequency as sacred.

   Anybody, including you, me or the IARU can set up a band plan. Only if
   it is adopted by the FCC or your country's equivalent does it become
   enforceable.

   How about this scenario:

   Station A listens on 14.100 and hears nothing.
   Station A sends QRL? a couple of times and receives no response.
   Station A calls CQ and shortly thereafter is jammed by a beacon.

   Which station is at fault?

or this one:
How about this scenario:

Station A listens on 14.083 and hears nothing.
Station A sends QRL? a couple of times and receives no response.
Station A calls CQ and shortly thereafter is interfered with by a
station who's been on the frequency for a while, because the
propogation shifts?

Which station is at fault?

73, doug