[RTTY] Fwd: [digitalradio] RTTY Hall of Shame

Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 faunt at panix.com
Tue Sep 26 13:23:29 EDT 2006

So would I.

BTW, I have donated a rig and cash to the NCDXF for the beacon system,
and support for RTTY on funded DXpeditions;
and my current operating program of choice, MixW, has great support
for using the beacon system.

And I've now decided that I will no longer knowingly work a station on
a beacon frequency.  My former policy was pretty wishy-washy.

As far as 7.040 goes, I'll maintain that former policy of working
somone who's already there, but not running (as if I stand a chance)
on that frequency.*

73, doug

* This is, unfortunately, the US QRP working frequency, and there are
  a number of small CW rigs that are crystal-controlled on that
  frequency.  The European equivalent is 7.030, which is somewhat
  better, but 7.040 is pretty entrenched in the US.

   From: Bill Turner <dezrat at copper.net>
   Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 10:11:34 -0700