[RTTY] N8S from east coast?

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Sun Apr 8 12:42:16 EDT 2007

At 11:37 PM 4/7/2007, Barry wrote:

>Been away for the last week+ and got home today.  Can someone tell me if
>and when N8S has been on and workable from the east coast?

You are not the East coast, Barry!  Compared to us, your're in the midwest!

:-)

I worked them 7 April at 1939z on 17m RTTY.  They were very weak
here, and never got much louder (their CW signal was quite readable
at the same time, however).  They were BOOMING on 40CW that same morning.

I believe the best/most consistent opening we have is 30m RTTY
between 11-13z.  I sent that request to Lee KH6BZF, one of the
pilots.  Now if everyone ran legal power on 30m (< 200W for USA),
we'd all have the same fighting chance.

I heard them once on 20 meters with decent signals (Friday
a.m.?).  Other than that, they have NOT been very strong.

I have not heard a peep from them on 15 meters or any higher band.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us