[RTTY] N8S

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 10 22:00:26 EDT 2007

Dick et al, the N8S team has given more than fair consideration to RTTY.  They started the Dxpedition off on 30 meter RTTY and they
have been on RTTY every day especially 17 meters and sometimes with two RTTY stations at the same time.  They have operated RTTY on
all bands 10-80 meters.  I've been fortunate to get them on 10, 12, 15, 17 & 20 RTTY.  They were just CQ'ing on 18103.5 KHz a few
minutes ago listening up 2 with no takers so they went QRT even though I did hear an XE station calling.  Not sure why they didn't
hear him.  Probably for the same reason they didn't hear me on 30M RTTY this morning from 0730-1130Z.  I called them for 4 hours and
didn't get through, but I will try again in the morning.  I'd REALLY like a 40M RTTY contact, but so far I haven't made it.   You
just have to keep trying.

Two nights ago I worked them on 10 meter RTTY at 03:30Z which is 10:30 PM local time.  They were S9 - unbelievable for this part of
the sun cycle.

GL!!!

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com