[RTTY] N8S

Kok Chen chen at mac.com
Wed Apr 11 13:31:15 EDT 2007

On Apr 11, 2007, at 10:13 AM, Bill Turner wrote:

> It just drove me nuts to watch the op type out letter by letter a VERY
> long sentence that could and should have been done with a macro.

Well, at one point on 30m RTTY last night, this is what he typed out:

IK1MNY YOU ARE IN BLACK LIST...I CALL SV AND YOU TRANSMIT OVER HIM
PSE QRX QRX DE N8S

It was such a classic, I saved it.  He had similarly lectured a DL6
earlier.

Something like that is hard to prepare a macro for, but I guess it is
possible by entering the offending call sign and then preparing a
"blacklisting macro," HI HI.

I empathize with him; people who consistently transmit over others
when they are not being called are the real problem elements.  Even
new ops can work proficiently with a mode like RTTY if the pile would
just behave like civilized human beings.

73
Chen, W7AY