[RTTY] Blacklisting over zealous callers

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Thu Apr 12 09:56:36 EDT 2007

--- Barry <w2up at mindspring.com> wrote:

> Besides Al Gore and Jim, I blame the ARRL - I thought it was a mistake
> to start all the single band awards.  But I guess they needed to satisfy
> the egos of all the "mature" DXers who have already worked everything.

Or maybe the ARRL thought that the incremental cost of processing another award
through the "DXCC Computer" could be more than offset by the incoming
endorsement fees.  DXCC is a losing money proposition for the ARRL (not to
mention the labor costs of checking cards).  The only way to really fix that
would be to a) charge high endorsement fees, or b) drop the program entirely.

73 - Jim AD1C (speaking as a DXer, not as the NE Div. DXAC rep.)

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us