[RTTY] re the blacklisting

Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 n6tqs at arrl.net
Tue Apr 17 05:31:59 EDT 2007

Hi all,
I`m the one with the 'I don't care about your name or location' macro.
K4SV said it more positively in his DX Magazine article, "send back to
the DX the information they send you".  I said "anything other than your
call and 599 is QRM".  I got real tired of looking at extraneous junk.

If it's rude to tell people what I want to see, so be it.

And it's pretty easy to tell if someone calling over others is
deliberate, or an accident.  Only the most egregious offenders get
mentioned.  And all too often, trying to work or avoid them doesn't do
much good.

Note that the QSL agent isn't usually the operator, so trying to address
the issue at QSL time isn't really possible.

And you know something, if done right, and at the right time, lectures
do work.

BTW, when I see or send "up 2", I think that means "up 2 or higher."
I've seen a couple of comments about not listening exactly up 2 on this
list.  Where is the misunderstanding here?

I've never blacklisted a station- if I work them, they're in the log.  I
have successfully avoided working some, though.  If that effects the
rate, I don't do that, but can usually avoid them and keep the rate up.
  I've wasted more time working, or trying to work, them.

73, doug