[RTTY] re the blacklisting

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Tue Apr 17 17:05:02 EDT 2007

--- Fred Souto Maior <py7zz at soutomaior.eti.br> wrote:

> I think all dxer's must be able to find where the
> dx station is receiving. I agree with Doug regarding
> 2 up mean at least 2 and up depending of the size
> of the pile-up.  We only need to  put the other
> vfo up and try to find the station the dx is working.
> It's easy isn't ??

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

There was a major DXpedition within the last two years, I don't remember which
one.  I tried for days to work them on 30 meters.  Due to propagation, you
literally could not hear ANY of the stations they were working.  The DX was
coming in fine, but you could not hear the callers from the USA.  It was just a
wild guess where to put the VFO to work them.

I really wish I could remember who it was.  Sometimes propagation can be VERY
frustrating!

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us