[RTTY] UP 1

Tom Martin tmartin at chartermi.net
Wed Apr 18 12:55:01 EDT 2007

I find that when a station listens just up 1-2, in spite of my 500Hz filter, the DX station can be wiped out by adjacent signals and key clicks.  With the available bandwidth on 30 CW in particular, why not listen up 2-5, or just up?  On 15 meters, in my area, they could listen up 1-50 KHz!  I don't even hear the stations calling.  N8S, was barely heard at my QTH on 15, and was listening over a very wide area.

On another note,  it was interesting to read K1ZZ's column in the last issue of QST.  "No frequency will be assigned for the exclusive use of any station"  per FCC Rules.  So, I assume that W1AW's code practice and bulletin frequencies can be "stomped on" at will.  Also, all nets had better watch out during future contests.  Of course, we should all be gentlepersons and allow for established frequencies.  Yet, I can't see W1AW moving a few KHz if a station has occupied one of their frequencies before their scheduled time on the air.

Tom W8JWN

It has removed 1864 spam emails to date.