[RTTY] Ebay question

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Mon Aug 13 17:45:47 EDT 2007

--- k4fj at aol.com wrote:

> I have used Ebay only a few times and don't really like it.
>
> The problem is that I am receiving stuff from aw-confirm at ebay.com saying that
> I bid and didn't pay, dah dit dah dit dah.......
>
> I presume this is spam and treat it as so.? But, I am sick of getting the
> crap.

It's spam, but it's NOT coming from eBay.  It's coming from spammers who fake
the messages to *look* like they are coming from eBay.  These are no different
than the messages from various banks who have upgraded their security systems.
They are meant to trick you into supplying private information.

There's not much you can do except to ignore them.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C/0, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us