[RTTY] Ebay question

George Henry ka3hsw at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 13 22:39:05 EDT 2007

A BIG problem with much of the spam of this type is that it also serves to
confirm your e-mail address as valid and open to receiving spam, and results
in your address being sold to even MORE spammers ...  the message contains
links to image files that will be downloaded by your e-mail program to be
displayed when the message is opened, or viewed in the preview pane, and
that process of downloading the images confirms your e-mail address.

Set your e-mail client to display previews as plain text only, or to only
download headers from your mail server, allowing you to delete any spam
messages before previewing them.