[RTTY] Some observations in SCC

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Tue Aug 28 12:59:17 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Just a couple of observations I made during the SCC contest, and possibly in
SARTG as well.

I saw a lot of UR RSQ 599, instead of RST. What is meant by RSQ?

After SCC had finished, I checked the OH2AQ cluster to see what had been
spotted and when during the contest, and I see that an EC1 station was
spotting LOTS of RTTY on 14070. Was that true? He had RTTY-U against the
spots. I never worked ANY of the calls he listed.
When I do the VK2SG notes, there are often a lot of spots for PSK
frequencies but with RTTY listed against them.
Is there something I have missed??

Finally, I checked my call in OH2AQ to see when I was spotted, and it was
interesting to see that a few stations spotted me 100 or 200 Hz away from my
actual frequency, and although those spots obviously increased my rate at
the time, many were calling on the spotted frequency, rather than where I
was actually working!
I wondered at the time whether it was due to a spot, but when you get lots
of stations calling you that far away, you do wonder!

Oh well, strange things happen!

73 all

Phil GU0SUP