[RTTY] Re RSQ

Scott Schultz scottaschultz at juno.com
Wed Aug 29 13:14:12 EDT 2007

Like most of you, it is pretty rare that I receive anything other than a
59(9) for a casual contact regardless of mode. I use a 756Pro running 100
watts (40-50 watts +/- for PSK/MFSK/Hellschreiber) into a Cushcraft R7
vertical and I know my signal just can't be that good across the face of the
globe.

I can only assume (a very dangerous thing to do!) that the other op does not
know the elements of the R-S-T system or how to make an accurate report.
This being the case, why should I believe that digital ops will be any more
accurate or diligent in using this new reporting system when they aren't
getting the old system correct?

Just like the R-S-T system, I would be willing to bet that if this lunacy
ever catches on, I will start receiving R9 S9 Q9 for every contact
regardless of how I actually sound.

Anyone willing to bet against me??

Scott N0IU