[RTTY] dupes

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Thu Aug 30 13:25:39 EDT 2007

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 06:18:40 -0400, "Shelby Summerville"
<k4ww at arrl.net> wrote:

>Spend the time, contacting those "offending" stations,
>direct, that was spent constructing the "why work dupes" message, it will be
>far more productive?

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

Shelby makes a good point. I'm going to start making notes on certain
kinds of "offenses" and sending emails after the contest is over.

1. Running RST and exchange together: 599001.

2. No space after callsign: W6WRTNDADENIDSNESLNH etc.

3. Multiple RSTs.

4. Repeating my exchange back to me.

And probably some others I don't recall right now.

If you decide to contact the "offenders" please be extra polite. We
don't want to scare them off of contesting. After all, we were
beginners once ourselves. :-)

Bill W6WRT