[RTTY] TARA GU0SUP SOABLP

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Sun Dec 2 07:19:52 EST 2007

Hi all,

Usually, TARA coincides with a whole bunch of family things, so entering
this contest is difficult.
This year, I had some "honey do's" (yes Mike K4GMH, not oversleeping!), and
couldn't start till after lunch, but I thought I would have a go and see
what was about.

We've been having severe storm weather for the past few days, and Saturday
was no exception! It had been blowing up to Force 9, with lashing rain, and
not at all pleasant, so an afternoon in the shack seemed to be a good
option.
But, the noise from the rain made it very hard work, and from around
1600UTC, we also had static crashes from a close thunderstorm.
At some point, one crash was so close that it tripped out the PC, and I lost
some time during the re-boot.

Very pleasing to work Barry ZS2EZ, and also Bob VE6YR, and also VE6AO. I did
try working W7WW, W7CT and a few other W7's, but although they were loud,
they didn't hear me. 8P5C was a welcome mult too!
20m closed very early here at around 1730, but then reopened a little to the
west coast.
40m was almost too noisy to work, but I did manage a few mults, and 80m was
all but unusable due to the rain static.
Thanks also to Art W2NRA and Andrei NP3D for completing with me!
I only managed a few hours here and there, mainly because of the weather,
but ended up with this:
72 QSO's, 47 mults, and a claimed score of 3384.

I have now uploaded to LoTW, but paper cards are also welcome.

73 all,

Phil GU0SUP