[RTTY] Tara: SOAB HP

Ken Eigsti diverken at chaffee.net
Mon Dec 3 11:54:52 EST 2007

Hi TTyers
My first full fledged SO2R on RTTY. With all the discussion I thought it
would be interesting to see how the Q's break down by radio. No OPINION just
a couple of statistics, so keep the blood pressure down!  :-)
*A * was run radio and *B* was looking at other bands.
*A* had 436 Q's and *B *had 173 Q's  (72% and 28%). All Sat. afternoon
radio B was on 15 as I had no real propagation on 40, so it was 15 by
default as the only other band to work. Except for the VE1's, the band was
sporadic with signals in and out quickly. Old saying, "you had to be there"
was true to get Q's on 15. Eeked out 32 q's on 15.  Best antenna was the 3
element tribander at 45 feet for 20/15. Can't wait for "solar spots"
then 10 and 15 totals running SO2R ought to soar.

Rigs: Two 756PRO3
Amps: Alpha 91b and Acom 1000
Ant:3 element Stepir at 45 feet
Force 12 C-39XRN (40-20-15-10) at 90 feet (rotor failure so stationary east)
C3E fixed on JA.
Sloper on 80.
No 160 Antennas (wouldn't have gone there with the CW contest going)
time: 16 hours
                       Q's     States    Prov     Dx
80                    63      3           2         0
40                   193     29          5        13
20                   321     12          1        34
15                    32       0           0         3

Total               609      44          8       50

Score: 62,118

SO2R is sure more intensive than the single radio, especially for us out
here in the west where almost every DX Q on 40 was a repeat or fill. Screws
up the rhythm for sure but I guess that comes with experience. It's humbling
to be a "novice" again!

Thanks to all who had patience when asking for repeats especially the DX on
40.
73 Ken W0LSD
Buena Vista, CO.