[RTTY] JRC-245 Hookup

Joe Subich, W4TV w4tv at subich.com
Tue Dec 25 08:17:43 EST 2007

Phil,

The information I have (and the data used for developing JST-245
support with the microham interfaces) indicates that the JST-245
does not support FSK RTTY.  It supports only AFSK - the RTTY mode
being only LSB with the display offset to ready the Mark frequency
with 2125/2295 Hz AFSK.

The limited operating instructions are in Section 5.7 (page
21) of the manual from which I received copies of a few pages.

The DB25 accessory jack is used as follows:

 1 PTT In
 5 Ground
 9 Line Out (Receive Audio)
10 Ground
13 Mic Mute  (+5 to +13.8 to mute)
14 +13.8V
15 Ground
16 Line In (Transmit Audio)

An example of the connection is shown on page 36 of the manual.

73,

   ... Joe Subich, W4TV
       microHAM America
       http://www.microHAM-USA.com