[RTTY] WPX Plaque Sponsorship

Mike k4gmh at arrl.net
Fri Feb 2 18:22:49 EST 2007

Hello,

The CQ WPX RTTY Contest is one week away, 10/11 Feb.  In anticipation
most of last year's award plaques sponsors were contacted regarding
continued sponsorship.  Fortunately, a number have said they would
continue with their sponsorship. I, as new Plaque Program Chairman,
wish to thank them for their continued support of this part of the CQ
WPX RTTY Contest Awards Program.

So far, the following plaques have sponsors:

Single Operator All Band High Power
         World  John Horton, WA6BOB
         North America  Charles Anderson, KK5OQ
         USA  Glenn Vinson, W6OTC
         Africa  Andrei Stchislenok, EW1AR-NP3D, (in Memory of EU1MM)
         Europe  DL-DX RTTY Contest Group
         Japan  NN6NN RTTY Team

Single Operator All Band Low Power
         World  Mike Sims, K4GMH
         Japan  NN6NN RTTY Team

Single Operator 14 MHz
         World  Neal Campbell, K3NC

Multi Operator  Two Transmitters
         World  HC8N RTTY Team

Multi Operator  Multi Transmitter
         World  Steve (Sid) Ceasar, NH7C

Club Competition
         World  Potomac Valley Radio Club

Plaque sponsorship are available for many of the other awarded
categories, e.g., SOAB LP Europe, SOAB LP NA, Single Operator 7 MHz,
Multi/Multi North America, etc.  Please let me know if you are
interested in sponsoring a plaque and for what category.  Plaque
sponsorship is $60 per plaque.

Funding is not required at this time.  The request for the plaque
funding will be sent to the sponsors by 15 April.  The funds will
need to be received by 15 May.

Again, thanks to all the plaque sponsors.

See you in the Contest.

         73,
         Mike, K4GMH