[RTTY] need some help

Dick Kriss aa5vu at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 11 23:11:59 EST 2007

> From: Jim Rhodes <k0xu at iowadsl.net>
> Subject: Re: [RTTY] need some help
>
> Welcome to Kenworld! I use a 570, so the menu item may be different.
> On my 570 the menu item is names "key-down polarity for fsk mode" and
> it needs to be "on" or I will transmit upside down. The menu item may
> have a different title. But it seems like all the Kenwoods have this
> setup issue.

Jim K0XU,

I use a TS-570S(G) on RTTY and operate with Menu #30 set to the default
'OFF' position because I operate in AFSK RTTY.  For FSK users the book say
ON (Space) OFF (Mark).  I am not sure what is normal key-down for FSK Mark
or Space?. The Kenwood default OFF for key-down equals Mark.  What options
do you have in your software?  Your software could be set the other way and
that would explain why you have to change the Kenwood to make things work.

Nobody said this stuff was easy.

73, Dick AA5VU