[RTTY] !st RTTY contest

Brahmangou at aol.com Brahmangou at aol.com
Mon Feb 12 10:57:18 EST 2007

Hi Guys,

I'm new to rtty, my first contest and all I have to say is this rtty thing is
a gas! Like a lot of the others reporting, I was having some trouble getting
my station up for the contest. Trying to figure out if the problem was in the
program, serial/usb adapter, interface , rig or operator was getting the best
of me. I reread AA5AU's instruction web site and finally found and fixed the
problem. Thanks Don.

In a final test to make sure all was working (after 2 days my confidence was
pretty low), I turned the power all the way down to check my signal with
another rig to make sure I wasn't reversed or something. I'm transmitting on the
746 and watching the decode screen on the 756. Beautiful!!!! I see my call sign
appearing on the screen. Uh-oh, someone is answering me. VE3DZ must be the
best op in the world. He answered my call on 80 meters, it couldn't have been
more than a couple of watts. So, I fumbled for the keyboard and finally got out a
reply. Double cool was, being new to rtty, I needed Canada.

I started the day with 9 countries on rtty and ended the contest with 71
countries worked. Thanks guys, like I said, it was a gas.

73's,
Marty AB5GU