[RTTY] WPX 2007

Tom Osborne w7why at verizon.net
Tue Feb 13 21:11:36 EST 2007

Hi Alan

I have to admit I was one of those.  I always liked to start out with a nice
clean window.  That was until I had to try and go up the window and see what
the heck someone just sent to me before it disappeared off the screen.  Then
I figured how much of a pain that was.  Now I put the {ENTER} at the front
of my macro and 4 spaces at the end.  That gives a clean line when someone
starts calling me that doesn't have an {ENTER} at the front of their macro.
But one good thing, there is a lot less of that going on now than there was
last year.  Op's are getting a whole lot better.  RTTY RULES
Tom W7WHY

Alan wrote:

Also the overly generous use of line feeds in the middle or
 end of a transmission (I don't think an example is necessary here).  If I
was still running an actual mechanical machine like I did in the 1960s and
was printing on paper, you can be sure I'd have a rather caustic comment
ready for those who were wasting my paper with all those line feeds that are
not necessary.