[RTTY] RTTY COEXISTING WITH PSK

FireBrick w9ol at billnjudy.com
Wed Feb 14 10:07:23 EST 2007

I've started doing more PSK.
I don't work much ssb so my alc is usually left in a position where it
doesn't or just barely registers on the meter.
And because I operate PSK in PKT mode the processor is disabled.

But...if anyone thinks my signal is distorted ... pse tell me.

Which is pretty easy to see.
If you see a signal that has spurs above and/or below, his fundamental, he's
'probably' driving too hard.

As I would like to know that I forget to check my settings, I'm sure he
would also.

I've seen this more frequently lately, it's easy to spot in the waterfall,
if adjacent signals start and finish when the station your copying, he
'might' have a problem..
The recent multimode dxpeditions tend to make ops switch from mode to mode
and this may be contributing to improper drive settings.

If anyone disagrees with my observations, I'm sure they will tell me.

Beauty is skin deep; ugly goes right to the bone.