[RTTY] PSK and waterfall

John - AI4FR AI4FR at Tampabay.rr.com
Wed Feb 14 11:47:50 EST 2007

Toss in the manual notch filter as well to take out a few more Hz or that strong near by station. Also, the IF shift can be a great help in some rigs to employ.

John / AI4FR

Message: 7
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:03:59 +0100
From: Laurent Ferracci <l.ferracci at comeca-group.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] PSK and waterfall
To: RTTY at contesting.com

pcooper a ?crit :

> I used PSK to work a few of the recent DXpeditions

Well, another problem with PSK is that many PSK users are not avid
DXers, just rag-chewers, and they don't know how to make a QSO in a
pile-up. They will at least give the DXpedition their name & QTH, and
sometimes continue with equipment, license year and other macros !

Otherwise, a PSK pile-up nicely spread must give better chance to QRPs
than a RTTY one where only the strong can survive. Even better (faster)
in PSK63.

Here, i sometimes "wide-receive" the PSK frequency in order to see who's
on the air, but as soon as i know who i'm gonna talk to, i center his
signal in the passband (Winwarbler does it for me) then put the 250Hz
narrow filter (narrowest available in my 950).

--
Laurent F1JKJ