[RTTY] 160

Dennis OConnor ad4hk2004 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 16 07:35:31 EST 2007

Hmmm, being a shameless rabble rouser, let us round up a sponsor, do the contest, and let the RTTY contestors define what the band limits WILL be...
  Suggested band plans are fine.. I have no major gripes with them.  But I also notice that CW and SSB contestors define what the sub band WILL be for the duration of that contest (usually to the dismay of those who use the same frequency every day and consider that frequency to be their personal property)

  I do the other contests and find my self running CW high in the 160 band and running phone low in the 160 band to work the other contest stations already running on those frequencies...  seems only fair to let RTTY ops also define the sub band limits during their contest - within FCC regs...

  denny / k8do