[RTTY] 160

Tom Osborne w7why at verizon.net
Mon Feb 19 22:09:29 EST 2007

HI Don

Have to respectfully disagree on some of these.

1.  Report - Callsign, name, grid, State (I guess we could include county,
too, if there is enough interest.  That is (more than) enough data to ensure
we had a real QSO on a tough band.

Think callsign and grid would work.  Too much info might make it tough on
160.
2.  Scoring - 1 point per QSO in same DXCC entity, 2 points per QSO in same
continent, 3 points per QSO in another continent.  This surely needs some of
our brighter minds to toss around.
Be nice for the east coast.  It's closer from there to Europe than it is
from Oregon to Florida.  Think points for grid squares would be better.

2.  Operate for 24 hours, no limits on time spent on the air.  This gives
everyone around the world at least one night time period.
Have to think about this one.  Depends on when it would start or end.
3.  No limits on power, but have at least two categories, HP (>200W) and LP
(< 200W).
Good idea.
4.  Given the probable paucity of participants, we might want to consider
permitting re-working contacts after some period of time has passed.  This
needs some thought by our "great thinkers."  Remember, we are trying to
encourage RTTY action on 160M.
Do you mean like the Sprints where you can work a station after so many
dupes, or a time period.   Interesting concept.  73

Tom W7WHY

Thoughts?

73, Don ADØK