[RTTY] 160

Brian Kassel k7re at arrl.net
Tue Feb 20 09:55:07 EST 2007

Folks:

  Please let us not get any more elaborate with scoring and exchanges
than  any current popular contest.  Remember we want to be able to use a
current contest model or template so that additional programming will
not be required by the authors of existing contest logging programs.  I
just hate to do manual scoring.  ;) Also if the contest sponsors want to
make this easy on themselves, they will probably want the logs submitted
in Cabrillo form, which is always contest-specific.  Any  format that
deviates from an existing contest will require a re-work of the Cabrillo
format.

  Being located in the western portion of the midwest US, I can tell you
that if the contest is scored to allow a level playing field, more
participants can be expected.  It is  extremely difficult to break the
east coast- EU wall on many bands, and 160M is probably the toughest of
all in this respect.

Brian K7RE