[RTTY] 160

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Wed Feb 21 11:09:13 EST 2007

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 17:01:31 -0500, "Shelby Summerville"
 <k4ww at arrl.net> wrote:

>Tree wrote: "Having it on a weekend without any other contest activity would
>probably give
>you the best shot at having sufficient activity to make it a success as
>there just aren't a lot of 160 stations out there to start with."
>
>I agree 100%, and will continue to add: "many of those out there, myself
>included, do not have efficient, 160 meter, receive, antenna(s)"!
>
>C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

Right now, it's catch-22. Since there are no 160 meter RTTY contests,
not many stations are equipped for it. Since not many stations are
equipped for it, there are no 160 meter contests.

Lets get a contest going and promote it as a fun way to get on 160 and
see what you can do. I suspect there are a lot of RTTY contesters who
would never enter a CW or SSB contest on 160 but might put up an
antenna just to see what happens.

And remember, to the best of my knowledge the first WAS and DXCC on
160 RTTY has yet to be earned. Who will be first?

73, Bill W6WRT