[RTTY] NAQP Logs

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Tue Feb 27 13:47:53 EST 2007

--- Shelby Summerville <k4ww at arrl.net> wrote:

> I presume you meant "it does NOT know about the web form"?  One of the very
> important reasons for the operator to read the rules, especially pertaining
> to the preferred method of log submission.

Yes, that is what I meant.

No, I didn't read the rules (I usually don't), but I haven't submitted my
meager NAQP log yet either.  I rely on the reflectors to make me aware of rule
changes, since something inevitably comes up just before or just after the
contest (as in this case).  This burned me in the Locust QSO Party
(www.k6vva.com) when there was a last minute time change, which was announced
on CQ-Contest the same afternoon as the contest, but since I don't subscribe,
and didn't read the UPDATED rules, I missed the first 1/2 hour of the contest.

If there is an auto-responder on the submission address, send a confirmation
message back, but ALSO state that the preferred submission method is via the
web.  Maybe the person will remember next time.

We've all been submitting logs via E-mail for years now.  It will take some
time and training for people to adapt.  Please don't expect it to happen
overnight.

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us