[RTTY] GU0SUP SOABLP RRU07

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Mon Jan 8 13:20:21 EST 2007

Hello all!

Well, conditions were better than they might have been, but not as good as
the solar indices would have you believe!

I started at 1800UTC on 20m, but had a high level of rasping noise, which
made it difficult to copy all but the strongest signals. Went to 40m, but it
was very quiet, with only a few signals about. 80m was much better, and I
managed to bump up the country tally a little.
I decided to have a lazy evening, with a steak and some wine, and prepared
myself for an early rise on Sunday morning. I started later than expected,
but 80m was buzzing nicely, and I even managed a few States.
Also logged PJ2T for a new country on that band, which was especially
pleasing.
Surprisingly, there was a nice opening on 15m on Sunday morning, and
although it opened to the USA in the afternoon, I didn't manage any extra
mults.
20m was the "bread & butter" band for me, and I enjoyed a few sessions of
CQ'ing, although I did end up suffering from QRM on occasions.
I did check 10m frequently, but there was no hint of any RTTY at any time.

Somewhere just after 1700UTC, 20m started to close here, with only the big
EU stations active, and once again, 40m was very quiet. Had a few goes at
picking up some mults on 80m, and just after 1900UTC, while on 40m, we had
an island-wide power-cut, which lasted a good while.
By the time power came back, and I had been round the house, resetting all
the clocks and timing devices, I had lost the impetus and desire to
continue. I did make a few more contacts, but only a few.

Here is my claimed score:
Band         QSO     State       Prov      DX
80	      49          2             0        13
40              41          0              0        9
20            175         26            5        24
15              45          1             0          7
10               0           0            0          0
Total        310         29           5         53
Score      26970

Time 13.5 hours

Last year, I did 340 Q's, 35 States, 6 Provinces, 49 DX for 30600.

Thanks to all for the contacts, they were ALL appreciated!
My log is now on LoTW.

73 all

Phil GU0SUP