[RTTY] Cabrillo conversion for RTTY RU WF1B

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Wed Jan 17 13:27:12 EST 2007

Hi Dave and the group,

As has been said, WF1B was great in its time, but is now defunct for various
reasons, and it is way past time to move on.

To help with your problem, take a look at the SP7DQR website. (Google it).
You will find all sorts of converters there, and one, or maybe two, will get
you a decent Cabrillo log.
I used to use WF1B, but cannot remember whether it will export an ADIF. If
it does, then ADIF2CABR.EXE is one tool that will do the job for you in one
go.
If not, then export a plain text file, and he also has a TEXT2ADIF, which
will give you an extra step before converting that to the required format.

All these utilities are FREE, and work well. I use ADIF2CABR for those
contests that can now take Cabrillo, but where Writelog doesn't give the
facility of this type of log.

Just so you know what you need at the end of it, I have attached a small
part of my Cabrillo log, just to give you an idea of the layout.

And Dave, if all else fails, email me your log in ADIF and/or text format,
and I will do the conversion for you.

73 all

Phil GU0SUP