[RTTY] Why is it...

Graham Ridgeway m5aav at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 21 13:28:38 EST 2007

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 10:06:44 -0800, Donald Kerns <dkerns at cruzio.com>
wrote:

>rtty-request at contesting.com wrote:
>> Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 07:25:03 -0800
>> From: Bill Turner <dezrat at copper.net>
>> Subject: Re: [RTTY] Why is it...
>> The reason is they're scared of having a dupe in their log, and the
>> reason they['re scared is they do not understand that a properly
>> marked dupe incurs no penalty at all.
>Cool!
>
>Can you explain to a beginner what the proper way to mark a dupe is?
>
>Thanks,

Two ways - assuming you are using/submitting a cabrillo file

IF you feel so inclined - then marking or deleting [by editing the
cabrillo file]

If you feel lazy they can be left in and usually no penalty will be
incurred [check the rules]

I cannot speak for other software but in MixW you can set the colour
options to indicate a previously worked station.

I would love to know what 'report' these other guys think they got
from me today/yesterday on the supposedly first qso.

73 Graham M5AAV