[RTTY] Why is it...

Shelby Summerville k4ww at arrl.net
Mon Jan 22 04:21:10 EST 2007

m5aav at btinternet.com wrote: "Why is it that some people will insist on
having a two hour discussion when they 'think' they have worked you before
in a contest, rather than just giving an exchange."

Surely we have learned that there is little, other than education, that can
be done about anything that "other" stations do?  My question is: Unless the
station is "the only one on from a multiplier location, why would you spend
valuable time discussing the issue"? You, and you alone are in control of
your station, and the time spent discussing the issue, just allows the
station you are discussing this with, to continue on their way, making
contacts and points, presuming they're SO2R, while you're "spinning your
wheels"! Remember..."you called them, and there is absolutely nothing that
you can do, to force them to give you a contact"!

"grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to
change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference"

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW